28 de fevereiro de 2014

O poder da palavra.



Narrator: [Death] I have seen a great many things. I have attended all the world's worst disasters, and worked for the greatest of villains. And I've seen the greatest wonders. But it's still like I said it was: no one lives forever. When I finally came for Liesel, I took selfish pleasure in the knowledge that she had lived her ninety years so wisely. By then, her stories had touched many souls. Some of whom I came to know in passing. Max, whose friendship lasted almost as long as Liesel. Almost. In her final thoughts, she saw the long list of lives that merged with hers. Her three children. Her grandchildren. Her husband. Among them, lit like lanterns, were Hans and Rosa, her brother, and the boy whose hair remained the color of lemons forever. I wanted to tell the book thief she was one of the few souls that made me wonder what it was like to live; that in the end, there were no words. Only peace. The only truth I truly know is that I am haunted by humans.

Não li o livro. Vi o filme ontem à noite e gostei muito. A vida, a morte, a condição humana, a guerra, o poder da(s) palavra(s), o bem e o mal, a beleza das coisas simples, o prazer de aprender. 
Não é certamente o melhor filme de sempre, mas é um filme muito bonito. Para além disso, mostra-nos, mais uma vez, o talento de Sophie Nélisse, cujos rosto e expressividade enchem todo o ecrã e que já me tinha cativado no Professor Lazhar.

2 comentários:

Merenwen disse...

Não conhecia mas o trailer tem muito bom aspecto e eu sou uma sucker por histórias da 2a Guerra Mundial!!

Mar* disse...

Vê, acho que vais gostar ;)

A Sophie Nélisse foi uma boa descoberta no filme o Professor Lazhar, que também recomendo - a miúda é super talentosa!

**